Fancy Dress - Katy Perry

I went to a fancy dress party on the weekend, and had such fun that I thought I'd share some photos of my costume...

For ages, I had wanted a pink wig from Annabelle's Wigs, so as soon as the words "fancy dress" had be uttered, I had decided I would purchase the Minaj wig and go as Nicki... although the wig was as far on as I'd got in the thought process. I don't really have the body for any of her classic looks, so I was left thinking.

My boyfriend had originally thought he'd be Michael Bublé, but we thought that would be unimaginative, so I had a look at my favourite one-stop fancy dress shop Joke.co.uk for inspiration. In the end, he decided to go with Freddie Mercury, and while I was on there, I fell in love with the 'Candy Queen' costume.


Immediately, I knew that I neeeeeeeeded it, but unfortunately it was out of stock. I then started a full on search to try to find the costume, which proved very difficult. Everywhere I looked (and I must have tried at least 50 stockists!) was out of stock, expecting delivery in July. I then found one and only one at Fun n Frolic - it was meant to be!

The costume had an optional extra of a lilac wig with the lilac heart a la Katy Perry's California Gurls video, but I wanted a pink Annabelle's Wig, and luckily I found someone on eBay which had made a pink heart headband for when she had dressed up as Miss Perry.  I went for the 'Miss Sweet' wig in the end, and bought a cupcake ring from this seller on eBay - outfit complete! Here's a pic of the full costume - excuse the oh so glam location!


I loved doing my make up that night - I went completely over the top!


I used Silver Granite by ByTerry Ombre Blackstar on my lids as a base, then used pinks and purples from my 88 palette on the lids and under my eyes. I then added some sparkle with an Urban Decay Stardust powder in 'Bobby Dazzle' and a NARS blue liner 'Rue Saint-Honoré' to the tops of my lids. I finished off with white in the inner corners of my eyes from the MUA 'Passion' trio, lashings of Barry M 'lash modelling' mascara, and these lashes from Eldora which I received in last month's Glossybox.

I used MACs 'Blonde' MSF as a highlighter and MAC 'Hang Loose' blush, then a big slick of MAC 'Saint Germain' lipstick. I also put Laura Mercier's Gel Bronzant on the bits of my body that were on show to give a golden, shimmery sheen.

Hope you like it!
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Aw, you look so cute! I love that outfit, and the light pink hair suits you! Your boyfriends 'tash really reminds me of Brendan from Hollyoaks haha! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! Completely in love with the makeup x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look gorgeous hun, I love fancy dress parties. You got me in the mood for Halloween already :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely :)

    http://purelybeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing!!! Katy Perry suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. so fun, this is brilliant. i am such a big fan of fancy dress. you chose the perfect fun character xx
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE IT! You really suit that hair x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Which wig is it exactly? You said Nicki Minaj, but can't see which one exactly you mean.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig