MAC Venomous Villains Haul and Swatches

The MAC Venomous Villains collection was launched online on Monday and is in stores today. I couldn't wait to get to a store - I'd seen lots of swatches online and had decided what I wanted based on those! I had a bit of birthday money so decided to treat myself on a few things. The collection is based around 4 Disney characters - Cruella De Ville, The Evil Queen, Maleficent and Dr. Facilier. The packaging is similar to standard MAC packaging but rather than being matt, is shiny. Most of the products have an image of their character on the outside, in a different pose. The cardboard outers have gorgeous pencil sketches of the characters on them, which I kind of wish was on the actual products rather than the cartoon images.



From the Cruella De Ville collection I bought the Devilishly Stylish lipglass, which is described as a light nude with a gold frost. I really like this finish of lipglass - glossy with a sheer colour.



 I also bought Innocence Beware Cremesheen lipstick which is now sold out online. I can honestly, hand on heart say I LOVE this lipstick! It's described as a light yellow pink (gross), but it's a gorgeous pinky nude which is buildable and just amazing. I might try to get to a store to get another one for when this runs out, that's how much I like it!



Also in Cruella's range is Carbon eye shadow, which is one I already had - it's a matte black with great staying power.

the left stroke is on dry skin, the right stroke to wet skin

From The Evil Queen collection I bought Strange Potion lipglass - described as a soft coral, it's fairly accurate. This is the only one I'm not too sure about... if I'd have tried in store it I'm not sure I'd have bought it, but I'll give it another go. This is also now showing as sold out online.



I bought both the Mineralize eyeshadow duos from the Maleficient collection - they are the first Mineralize shadows I've bought and so far I'm impressed! I love that you can wear them on dry skin for a more toned down look, or on wet skin for a totally high impact WOW look. I was a little disappointed to see the same image on both of the packages but it's a minor issue.

She Who Dares is described as a deep navy with blue pearl, and deep forest green with lime green pearl - stunning.

the left swatch is on wet skin, the right swatch on dry skin

My Dark Magic is described online as deep pink with pink pearl, and deep plum with purple pearl. I actually gasped when I was swatching this, I love love love it!

the left swatch is on wet skin, the right swatch on dry skin
Both are now showing as sold out online but I would seriously try to get to a store and get these if I were you, they are amazing!

The last thing I bought was from the Dr. Facilier collection and is a greasepaint stick in French Quarter. This didn't have any Disney packaging on it, I have no idea why, but I feel a little cheated - I wanted one of every character in my collection! It's described as dirty black green with multi colour pearl. It is black with flecks of gold and olive - a really beautiful shade which is really long lasting and will work well as a base or on it's own.




 I hope you've found this useful - please let me know if you have bought anything from the collection or if you have your eye on anything. Now we just have to sit and wait for them to release the Holiday Collection!
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. Wow lovely items you selected the innocence beware looks gorgeous. I agree that this is a fantastic collection xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post :) I really regret not getting my dark magic mineralize eye duo, I only got she who dares. You can see which items I got on my blog though I haven't had chance to show any products on me yet. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have just sent the boyfriend out with a list of what I want! Fingers crossed it hasn't all sold out in store as well.
    Funnily enough, bar the two glosses, our shopping lists are exactly the same! Have also got Briar Rose on mine. It all looks beautiful!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Innocence beware looks absolutely gorgeous on you! I tried it today and it looked awful on me! I really wanted to like it but nfortunately a lot of nudes don't suit me at all! :( I went for the beauty powders and dark deed...it's quite a scary looking lippie in the tube but once on it looks great!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love colour of the lipstick:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like the angle love you face feature
    so cute so pure
    Great lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer the coral lipglass on you to the cremesheen, although they are both great purchases, in my opinion. I'd understand why you have reservations about it if it came out a super bright coral, but it really is a lovely shade with just a splash of color on you.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig