Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish

Firstly, an apology - I haven't been around as much as usual, or as much as I'd like, due to a number of reasons - it's been my birthday (I got those Chanel Sunnies from my September Wishlist!, and a voucher for a brazillian blowdry - yay), I've had loads of work on, been trying to get my life on track, and my skin has been awful.

I'm sure the Cleanse & Polish has nothing to do with my bad skin - there are a number of factors which could be causing it - where I have moved house and have been without a doctor, I haven't taken my Dianette for a couple of months because I haven't had it - perhaps I rely on this more heavily than I realised - needless to say I have now registered with a doctor and have it on repeat prescription once again. I have also changed my skincare routine - my skin has been so oily recently that I've skipped out my morning moisturise and instead just use Laura Mercier's Oil Free Primer. There's a number of new products I've been using over the last week or so too - the Primer - although I have used the non-oil free one in the past without problems, and Estee Lauder's Double Wear Concealer & Foundation (which I'm still not 100% about, by the way).

Cleanse & Polish has become a bit of a cult product - so many people I know use it, and the system has been one that's always been of interest to me - I get dry patches on my face so I like the idea of daily exfoliation with the muslin cloth. I bought the 100ml bottle which comes with two muslin cloths in a wash-bag from John Lewis for £13. I got it at the beginning of September but wanted to have used it for a few weeks before I wrote up on it, so I could give an honest opinion.



The cleanser comes in a long tall bottle with a pump application - it's slightly annoying that you can't see how much product you have left as it seems to feel weightless - I'm 3.5 weeks in and have no idea how much remains! It's a thick creamy consistency which feels really lovely to put on the skin. The bottle recommends using one to two pumps - I use one in the morning and two in the evening as I need it to remove my make up, and boy, does it remove make up! As I said above, I'm currently using Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation which is notorious for needing a double-cleanse - this gets rid of it all - every single trace of make up from foundation to mascara is gone and it's so simple too!

You massage the cleanser on to your face and neck, then rinse one of the muslins in hot water, then use it to wipe all the cleanser off your face. Have you ever had the urge to put the hot-cloth on your face that they give you at the end of an Indian meal? I can't say I have, but I know there are people that do it! Well now you can do it every day, and it feels gooooood. The heat from the cloth opens your pores, the muslin exfoliates your skin as you wipe, and then you splash your face with cold water closing your pores. You are only supposed to use the muslins 2-3 times to stop the spread of bacteria - this is great if you do a lot of white washing (which no doubt as my son has just started school I now will!) but if not you can buy more muslins from Liz Earle, or you can just do as I did and get busy with the scizzie and cut up one of my daughters big muslins which can be found anywhere from Asda to Mothercare.Once you pat your skin dry, you're done.

I love that one product seems to do so much - I would have thought that something that can do so much and remove so much make up so well would make my skin dry and tight, but it doesn't. Although it doesn't seem to be helping with the breakouts (which again, I'd like to say I'm sure isn't related to this), I am confident in the fact that this is making my skin totally clean at the end of every night. One of the main ingredients is chamomile, which feels really calming to the skin, and the richness of the cleanser is moisturising. I love it - it's now on my Holy Grail list and after using such a great product I'd be really interested in finding out more about other Liz Earle skincare products.

Update - this lasts me around 4 weeks
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. Love LE, it is on my Beauty Essentials List

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely on my 'to try' list x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm lusting after this at the moment! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just purchased the starter kit today.. so far, i'm loving the cleans and polish.. it makes my skin feel so nice!!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig