New In: Topshop Beauty

Yesterday I popped along to the beautiful Somerset House to check out what's new in the world of Topshop Beauty.

For Autumn Winter, Topshop Beauty are going for a jelly formula throughout the collection. The idea came about when Cassie Mystkowski and Hannah Murray got together to start throwing possibilities around. As they sat eating jam on toast - it struck them! The range features a jelly formula Lip Polish (£9), gel formula Nail Polish (£5) and Cheek Gel (£7) in matching shades.



The cheek gel above is Reign - they're designed to be worn under the cheekbone where you naturally flush, to give a really soft and realistic flush of colour to the face.

Also new from Topshop is the introduction of complexion products in September 2014, which they're calling 'The Face'. The range consists of The Foundation (£16) - a lightweight, medium coverage formula which works with your natural skin tone, so their 5 shades should suit most skin tones. The Airbrush Primer (£12) a silicone based primer to smooth imperfections. The Colour Correcting Primer (£12) a green tinted primer to get rid of redness, but blends down well without leaving a green tinge to the face! It also has anti inflammatory properties to help get rid of redness in the long run. The Concealer Palette (£12) 3 creamy concealers - one acting as a colour correcting concealer, one an under eye concealer and one a blemish concealer - which can all be mixed together to get your desired colour, and a setting powder which is ultra-fine. The Concealer (£10) this looks fabulous - totally buildable without noticing any form of cakeyness, I can't wait until it comes out! Only available in two shades at the moment but these look extremely promising for a natural, lasting coverage.



The Molton Metallics Collection launches in August - taking a nod from the catwalks, but transforming the metallicness into a wearable range of make up - from soft cream blush with a hint of metallic pearl (£7), Metallic Lips (£8), and Metallic Nails (£6). If you're rather scared of metallics, start with the blush... it's the gentlest way to ease yourself in!



Other new releases for August are Chubby Liner (£7) - a liquid marker-like eyeliner, Kajal Liner (£7) Mono Eye Shadows in 4 new pearly smokey colours (£5), Lip Primer (£8), Iridescent Lip Bullet (£8) - in 2 shades, lip colours with frost to leave lips glossy and full looking, Matte Lip Bullet (£8) - gorgeous lip sticks in chubby pencil form - matte but with a slight sheen, Lip Perfecting Base (£8), Glow Dust (£10) in Radiate - a golden highlighter.






My favourite picks are the purple and orange matte lip sticks (Could This Be Love, and Queen Bee) and Falling Fast lipstick (which I'm wearing in the photo) - I just love them all so much, they are totally my colours and cannot WAIT for them to launch so I can get my hands on them!

The eyeshadows are gorgeous too - the shades are Lunar, Intersellar, Galaxy and Explorer - again, looking forward to purchasing these.


Something else I spotted was the Freckle Pencil (£5) - a long-wearing waxy formula which has two shades of brown swirled together to give you natural looking freckles.


There was also a quick peek at some of their Christmas sets, but more of that nearer the time!

These items will be available st selected Topshop and John Lewis stores nationwide, Topshop.com and Selfridges Oxford Street.
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. Topshop are getting good with their makeup. Why anyone would want a freckle pencil though is beyond me, i try to cover up my natural ones! x

    Lizzie's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the look of the Cheek Gel, the colours are so vibrant! I do think Topshop make-up is good but there is no way I'd pay £16 for a foundation when you think along the lines of Revlon, Bourjois etc that do excellent quality for cheaper. I think the gift sets look lovely as a stocking filler for Christmas.

    Little Babe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since Topshop came to Hong Kong, I've been extremely psyched to try out their makeup line. Their synthetic brushes aren't bad (I have three) so I've been waiting for some makeup item to catch my eye. Falling Fast is absolutely gorgeous on you! I might spring for that one in the end :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. that lipstick shade is lovely on you!!

    http://finefantasies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting! I'm happy to hear metallics are going to come back :D That freckle pencil kinda made me laugh though, LOL.

    Blushing Biddies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheek gel and lip crayons are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am heading to London in 2 months and can't wait to test out some Topshop makeup in person! It looks like they have some great products!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never tried Topshops makeup somehow, but think this could be season I start, it all looks so lovely. Roll on autumn!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig