Tarte Cosmetics 12 Hour Survival....

I was recently sent a rather lovely box from Tarte Cosmetics, asking me to take on their 12 hour challenge. The range of their products they had sent claim to last for 12 hours, and they wanted me to put this to the test.


The box of goodies couldn't have come at a better time, as later that day I was off to join singing sensation Harvey on tour with Little Mix as his makeup artist. Long days - lots of travelling and busy evenings, surrounded by some super-glamourous people (yes Little Mix, I'm talking about you!) definitely call for good quality, long lasting makeup - so I was eager to give it a go.


The first thing that struck me was how gorgeous the packaging is. The Amazonian Clay blush is so well thought out - a mirror in the lid, a striking pattern on the actual product, and then, one quick swoosh, and you can pop the pan out of the palette to add to your Z-palette which can be very useful for space-saving in your kit, or even at home.


The colour I received was Flush - a pretty dolly-pink which is really rich in pigment, and true to it's name, gives you a nice healthy looking flush to the cheeks.

What I loved about the eye products is that they come with a brush, and not a crappy little applicator you want to chuck the minute you first touch it... an actual, amazing, proper brush! The Brow Mousse comes with a double ended bamboo brush which has a spoolie at one end to comb your lashes into place, then an eyebrow brush to distribute the product into it. The brush is thin so if you like to draw a line at the base of your brow, this is the perfect size to do it with for a natural finish.


I tried out the Brow Mousse in Medium Brown, which I think is a little on the dark side for me, but it still works. It was my first experience of working with a brow mousse, and I absolutely love it. In fact, I've worn this at every available opportunity since I first tried it. It's a whipped, airy texture, and leaves your brows looking so much more 'done', without looking un natural.


The Waterproof Eyeliner also comes with a double ended brush - one fine brush for using the liner as as standard liner, and another slightly thicker, small domed flat brush for using the liner in a more smokey way, or to apply it all over your lid. The liner feels like a cream product on application, but sets and dries leaving a gorgeous finish. I used the bronze which is a lovely shade just the right amount of metallicness to it.


The Lights Camera Lashes mascara is like nothing else I've ever tried. It gives you the blackest, most defined lashes I have ever seen. Full of drama in just one coat - it's amazing. I imagine it would clump if you used it for lots of coats, but I've been doing about 3 coats and it's changed my lashes for the better. I will definitely, definitely be re-buying this!

So.... as it happens, I ended up travelling overnight up to Blackpool and had about two hours sleep all night. I don't know about you, but when I have minimal sleep, my make up always seems to fall off my face, so this makeup definitely had something else to contend with! Once I had arrived we had a bit of time to kill before the show - so we headed to Blackpool Pleasure Beach. I had made the decision not to go on any rides, but it seems Harvey had other ideas (although The Mouse roller coaster was as scary as I'd go.... that thing is SCARY!). It was a day full of fresh air, giggles and screaming.... and the make up was staying put! We made a quick stop then off to that evenings venue ready for soundcheck and to get him ready....


The photo on the left was taken at 7am, the photo on the right at 7pm..... apart from reapplying lip gloss, and powdering my face - I didn't need to touch anything else! The eyeliner (which I had worn as a shadow) had creased slightly, but nothing too unsightly. The blush hadn't faded, and my brows and lashes were looking fab (even if I did say so myself!)

I am completely head over heels in love with some of my new discoveries, and can't wait for the new Tarte show to start on QVC tomorrow so I can see more of their products in action!

You can check out more of the range that's available in the UK on the QVC Beauty website
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. You look so gorgeous! I usually look for makeup that lasts 8 hours, but 12 is honestly amazing! Thanks for posting (: x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Tarte products and these have lasted so well on you, basically looks like both photos were taken at the same time not 12 hours apart! Also loving the sound of the brow mousse actually think I might need it in my life xxx

    Charli | Secrets Behind The Closet Door

    ReplyDelete
  3. First, what a fab package to receive in the post! Very Jealous. Secondly, you have no confirmed that I do need to get my hands on some Tarte products!

    ​Leanne @ Leanne-Marie ​ x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful in both pics! I've not tried anything from Tarte yet but this confirms that I definitely need to!

    Jade
    Beauty Butterfly | UK Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you look pretty!! And that blush looks amazing! I need to get me some tarte stuff

    Join my giveaway!!
    http://gyarucutie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had not heard of this before but it looks wonderful, I will have to get my hands on these lovelys. I love your blog by the way. I have just followed and cant wait to read more!

    Gaby x

    http://theglamdottylife.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried anything from Tarte yet but I do have one of the Amazonian clay blushes on it's way over from Sephora in Copenhagen after I sent my boyfriend to buy one when he was there but their store is tiny so they said they'd send one. I can't wait to try it. I love their packaging and their products lasting 12 hours sounds perfect. I work on camera and as you know 12 hour shoots are pretty standard so not having to worry about my makeup is a bonus x

    Becky @ The Little Blog of Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig