Elegant Touch - Classic French Nails

The last time I wore false nails I was a teenager. I used to think they looked so cool, but one would always pop off that very same night, leaving me looking a little less cool. As I've got older, technology has progressed, but I've always been a bit worried about falsies ruining my nails.

I was offered the chance to try out the Elegant Touch UV Gel Coat Infinity Nails, so I decided I'd try them out - and if they lasted more than one night, I wouldn't keep them on too long, just in case my real nails were suffering.


I was sent the Classic French design, in short, which I was pleased with - Ive never been able to master the French manicure freehand! The nails are now coated in UV gel which supposedly gives hard wearing, chip free manicures that are super shiny!

There are 24 nails in the packet, made up of 10 different sizes, which you have to match up with your own nails before you start sticking them on. I have quite long, thin nails, so I found it a little more tricky to find the right sizes to fit my fingers, but I used the closest matches I could find. There is also a little nail file in the pack, and a 2ml tube of nail glue.


The glue is very, very sticky! As I was pressing one nail down for the required 5 seconds, I managed to stick my thumb to one of my fingers - which was really hard to separate! I did end up with glue on quite a lot of my fingers, but luckily I had some acetone so got it off without too much effort.

All in all it took about 10 minutes to apply the nails, and I was left with super looking nails! While I wore them, I had lots of comments as to whether they were my own, and how good they looked. When you looked closely you could see a few gaps where they weren't shaped perfectly for my nails - but I think they did a very good job!


It felt strange to see my fingers so nude, as I am constantly painting them an array of colours, but I did like the effect.


The good news is that they didn't fall off after one night! Or two, three or four! In fact, I had to take them off on the fifth day as I was worried about my real nails and also was itching to give them a splash of colour!

They can only be removed with acetone, which took a little while longer than I thought, but my real nails were fine under there. If I'd have wanted to wear them for longer I definitely could - they were stuck firmly on!

The nails themselves still looked in excellent condition after the five days - no signs of wear and tear, and the white tip was still looking pristine. If you are in the market for a set of french manicured false nails, I would definitely recommend these.

Do you like false nails? Have you tried these?
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Wow I didnt know they last for that long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wear these YEARS ago... excellent stand by for an unplanned night out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use these but my nails got ruined as I used to just pick them off! But I think I might have to give these a go one day :)

    http://simplybeautifulx.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definately have tried them, but the other kind artifical pink ones..

    they are really nice & look so real. got loads of compliments.. they are just perfect for someone who doesnt want to go to the salon to proffessional do her nails manicured.. great option/alternative

    I used the 'get em off' nail polish remover to remove them and looked at the instructions & they dissolved away :P which was great...

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig