Nails of the Day - NARS Purple Rain

I remember when this polish came out, I just had to have it, and strangely enough I don't wear it very often at all. This is probably the fourth time I've worn it! It's a really gorgeous deep purple colour, and if you look extremely closely you can see tiny blue and red/pink flecks of microglitter. It's multi-tonal without being frosty or too OTT, which is what drew me to it in the first place.


It is very dark, and in some lights can almost look black, but in daylight (like when this photo was taken) it is most definitely the most stunning jewel shade of purple.

This is the first and only NARS polish I've owned - I love the sleekness of the bottle with the matte lid, the only down side is that the brush is relatively thin so it's near on impossible to do a '3-stroke manicure'. The polish is very opaque - you could definitely get away with just one coat, although I did two for the purpose of the photo.

I'd definitely like to explore more of the NARS nail range. Do you have any of their polishes that you would recommend?
SHARE:

7 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig