October Empties

I love seeing what other people have used up - so this month I made a conscious effort to save my empty bottles to write a post of my own, and was rather surprised by how many things I finished in October!


one & two - Aussie Colour Mate Shampoo & Conditioner - Aussie seems to be a brand I use and love, try something else, and forget about, until the next time I use it, and I fall in love all over again. I tried the range for coloured hair this time - they left my hair feeling smooth, manageable and easy to straighten. They smell lovely too - bonus!

three - Dove Indulgent Nourishment Body Lotion with Shea Butter - this has seen me through the whole of the summer and is absolutely wonderful. If I could only ever have one body lotion again for the rest of my life I would be perfectly happy using this one. Locks in moisture, smells divine, and cheap!

four - Original Source Lime Shower gel - The smell of this shower gel reminds me of lime sweets, it's the one I will automatically chuck in the trolley as I go round the supermarket as I love it so much. It smells of lime green sweeties without being sickly, gives the skin a good clean without leaving it dry, and doesn't leave too much of the fragrance on your skin.

five - Estee Lauder Double Wear Light foundation - I have re-bought another of these since using it up, I have to have one on the go at all times! It's a great long lasting foundation that stays put for longer than an hour without being cakey. I'm yet to find another foundation that suits my skin as much... and I've tried a lot.

six - MAC Select Cover-Up Concealer - Another one that's been repurchased! This little squeezy tube of concealer seems to last ages, and is a nice creamy way to cover up any imperfections on your face.

seven - Lancome Ink Artliner Gel Eyeliner - This hasn't run out, but completely dried out! I have since discovered that you should always store gel liner upside down to help it last longer. The shade I had was 01, which is black - it's easy to work with and is a true black colour, but there wasn't anything amazing about it. I've since bought MAC's Blacktrack Fluidline to replace it.

eight - Guerlain Precious Light Rejuvenating Illuminator - this is Guerlain's version of Touché Eclat and a great little highlighter which has seemed to last me for ever!

nine - MAC Technakohl Liner (Eye-Liner Kajal) in Earthline - this is a gorgeous khaki brown eyeliner which glides on smoothly and is blendable.

ten - Laura Mercier Oil Free Foundation Primer - A small blob of this before applying your foundation helps to reduce pores and provide a more even skin tone, and makes your foundation last longer. I try to use it only when I know I'll need a bit of extra staying power, but it definitely works!

eleven - MAC Lushlight Bronze Studio Careblend Bronzer - I bought this with the Surf, Baby! collection in the summer of this year so was surprised that it's empty already. The truth is, I had hit pan, there was a ring of about a centimeter of product left, but I dropped the compact, and it smashed all over the place! I'm sad that it was limited edition because I think it's my favourite bronzer of all time!


SHARE:

3 comments

  1. i love doublewear light! i'm pretty sure its my holy grail although i'm still looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing empties posts as well! I've saved up mine to do an October one for the first time ever! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is something satisfying about seeing all those empties! I think you've inspired me to save up my empties for November and do a post about them.
    Thanks x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig