MAC Me Over - Curvaceous Lipglass

MAC's latest collection - MAC Me Over was inspired by an online contest - where they asked people to enter, saying why they should be made over. They then selected six people to become the face of the collection, and... well, made them over! There are three parts to the collection, with two of those people representing each part.

I picked up two lipglasses from the MAC Me Over collection - Curvaceous which is part of Rachel & Ian's section - a selection of nudes and pinks, and Spite from Xee & Sharon's section - smoky grey, white and beige toned make up. The other part of the collection is faced by Shirley & Nicole and are strong, rich and smoky.

Today I have swatched my Curvaceous lipglass, which is described on the MAC website as a light grey pink.


From the bottle, it looks like a shade I'd describe as 'dusty pink', similar to Eyeko's Tea Rose nail polish or Sephora by OPI's Casting Call. When swatched on the skin it really is a cool toned dusty pink colour...


But once it's on the lips it's much more of a subtle colour, owing to the pigmentation in the lips. One of my blonde haired, blue-eyed friends tried it on and it looked much darker on her, but on me it looks like a gentle wash of colour...


It's very wearable for daytime, or to add over lipstick for a bit more impact at night. I've been wearing it over MAC's Blankety lipstick for a nude power pout!

Have you got anything from the MAC Me Over Collection? I am tempted by the shadesticks... what do you recommend?



SHARE:

3 comments

Blog Design Created by pipdig