Nails of the Day - Color Club Gimme a Grape Big Kiss

My nails are in seeeeeerrrriously bad condition at the moment - they keep peeling and splitting, so I've had to cut them really short. So short that they hurt (physically, I'm learning to live with the emotional effects). I know they could do with a couple of weeks of Dr Lewins treatment, but I just can't face the thought of two whole polish-free weeks!

I think bright colours look absolutely fab on short nails, so I took the opportunity to try out Gimme a Grape Big Kiss by Color Club, a scented neon purple shade. This polish is part of the Wicked Sweet collection - a range of foodily scented nail varnishes released for Summer 2011. The scent on Gimme a Grape Big Kiss, is obviously grape - but that fake grape smell that you used to get on scratch and sniff stickers as a child, and very highly scented. I applied two coats of the polish, and because I was more fussed about preserving the colour than the scent, I used Seche Vite over the top. The smell was still very strong, but not overpowering in any way.

The swatch photos that I'd seen had shown Gimme a Grape Big Kiss to be ultra-neon, when in fact it's not. It is definitely the brightest purple polish I own, but not sure I could go as far to giving it a "neon" tag. It has a fuchsia tone to it but would definitely fall into the purple category.

This is the first Color Club polish I own and I'm thoroughly impressed. I'm not sure if it's the formula of the polish, or the fact I have super-short nails at the moment, but this has lasted for four days on my nails without any sign of wear and tear, and that is a long long time in my world!


I'd really like to try some other Color Club polishes - if you have any recommendations please let me know in the comments box :)
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Lovely color! I like short nails and I like your nail shape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colour! I have to keep my nails relatively short too - they're so fragile and they peel as well :(

    Kisses, Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This color looks great on you. Aw, I'm sorry that you have to deal with fragile nails. :(

    By the way, I shared an award with you: http://msodapop.blogspot.com/2011/07/ootd-maybelline-stylish-blogger-award.html

    ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. It any stable dumb yet your can eat as much as you prefer on this eating routine arrangement until the point that you are full.
    grape seed business

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig