MUA Pro Heaven and Earth Palette

I love reading blogs, especially when, because of them, you try a brand you may not ever have without reading a bloggers honest opinion. MUA is one of those brands. My local Superdrug's MUA stand is not well looked after, so I have always passed it by - however since reading good things, then buying my first few £1 eyeshadows I have been converted!

MUA originally started offering everything of theirs for £1 each. They have now launched their Pro range, with slightly more expensive items, although still very affordable - primer at £4, nail quake at £2.50, eyeshadow trios at £2.50 and 12-pan eyeshadow palettes for a mere £4.

The pro range isn't officially in stores until next month, but is available at some selected stores (I found mine in Belfast while on a weekend away!) or on superdrug.com 

The palettes were developed by Lisa Valencia, taking inspiration from the shades she mixed most to get top models and celebrities photo shoot ready. There are six palettes in the range, varying from a very daily-wearable Heaven and Earth palette to the more whacky, colourful Pop Tastic palette with the four in between hopefully having something to suit everyone's taste.


Since buying the Heaven & Earth palette last weekend, I have been using it every single day - so please excuse the non-pristineness in the pics!


The palette is packed with neutrals and has everything you need to do a light browny eye, or a full on smoky brown eye.  The colours are really highly pigmented and soft. Quite often with cheap shadows I find they are chalky, but these are far from it. I have noticed a small amount of fallout when using them, but other than that, I have no complaints.

The colours haven't been named, so I have numbered them below, just so you know which colours I'm talking about.


I have been wearing number 4 all over my lid, with 10 over the outer 3/4 of my lid and number 5 in the crease - I've found them a really nice combination and long lasting. I do my make up around 8am, and everything is still in place by evening.



Other make up used:
  • Concealer (blemishes) - MAC Select Cover Up
  • Concealer (under eyes) - Sephora Colour Correcting Palette (pink)
  • Foundation - Estee Lauder Double Wear Light
  • Powder - Laura Mercier Translucent Powder
  • Bronzer - MAC Lushlight Bronze
  • Highlighter - Bobbi Brown Apricot Shimmer Brick
  • Blusher - MAC Stereo Rose MSF
  • Eyeliner - Rimmel Black Flash Flash Liner
  • Tight line - GOSH Black Ink Velvet Touch eyeliner
  • Mascara - Max Factor Masterpiece Max
  • Lipstick - MAC Hue + MAC Pink Friday + MAC Call My Bluff

I have noticed a couple of colours fairly similar to those already owned. I have swatched them side by side - how similar do you think they are?


All in all I am highly impressed with this palette. The neutral colours are right up my street - very wearable, highly pigmented and long lasting, and I will definitely be checking out more of the pro range once it comes into my local store. I have my eyes on the eyeshadow trios - I need all of them in my life!

Have you tried any of the Pro range yet? What do you think of it?
SHARE:

14 comments

  1. I never used to use MUA either, so we're the same there. That palette looks like a real classic to have! And you look gorgeous in the photo :) xx

    http://little-glitterblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had this one in my bag hehe! Defo one to purchase though! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love MUA, just wish I could find a Superdrug which did the Pro lines. When it comes to make up shoppping I love going in and looking at the different colours, picking them up and testing them on my hands/arms

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a gorgeous palette! I have nothing but love for neutrals lately. I wonder if the pans could be depotted...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    Thanks so much for following my blog :)

    I love your blog - can't wait to get all my beauty tips from here!

    Sarah Betty xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really lovely! I've wanted to pick it up for myself for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of this palette, MUA is so impressive for such a cheap brand! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the colours in this palette look fab! Thanks so much for doing the comparisons with the MAC & Urban Decay colours! Hehe I think this palette was the first to go at the TOWIB event :) Will deffo be popping down to Superdrug to get it!

    Love Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm dying to get my hands on this palette! None of the Superdrugs I've been in recently have them yet, even one I checked in Belfast!! Did you get yours in Castlecourt Superdrug? I must check there... actually, I'm going to tweet you and ask, I hope you don't mind! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous on you! Reminds me a lot of UD Naked Palette. Gutted I missed you in Belfast hon :(

    Nic x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you all like it - I would definitely recommend it! Currently giving one away further up the page! ;)

    Lauren - yes Castlecourt!

    Nic - I hadnt realised you were in Belfast :( x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a gorgeous palette! Can't wait until they're released in shops, I have a feeling I'll end up getting all of them... Hahaa :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post!

    glad ive found your blog too, now following :) x

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig