MUA Eyeshadows Haul

I say "haul" because I bought 5 of the things, but you can't really call it a haul when the grand total rung up at the till was £5, can you?!

I had always passed the MUA (Makeup Academy) stand by in Superdrug - in my local store it's tucked away at the end of an aisle, like it's not worthy of standing side by side with the rest of the make up brands. The way it's displayed makes it feel cheap and unimportant. I hadn't realised that the shadows were only £1 each, but I would have guessed at that kind of price from the ramshackle display.

A good blogging friend of mine, Zoe, said on her blog Diamond Solitaire that she really rates them, so I thought I would try them out too, what with them being £1, it's not the end of the world if they aren't great.

I haven't tested them on my eyes yet, but from swatching they seem like great quality shadows. They are highly pigmented, not chalky, glide on well and are really interesting colours. The silver (shade 3) in particular is extremely metallic and glossy and not like anything else I have.

As I was choosing which to buy I did wonder if I had something similar in my 88 palettes, but these are a totally different consistency and seem to pack more punch.

At a first glance, I am very impressed and will be returning to see what else they have in their collection. I will try the shadows over the coming week and post some photos for you to see. In the mean time, here are my swatches:

















Do you own any MUA products? What do you think?
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I've never tried MUA before, but from your swatches they look great. Really pigmented, and such pretty colours! Think i may have to pick up a few the next time i go into Superdrug xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your pictures! I actually own all of these but have never done anything with them. Seeing your fab pictures and swatches has made me want to get them out to play with! :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leanne, same with me, just completely gave them no attention - but they seem to be a little hidden treasure. You could probablu buy their entire collection an have change from £50!

    Ms Wedgie, thank you! Make sure you do, I look forward to the results :D

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog post!

    I dont have any cross rings at the minute but i have some on order, both gold & silver if you wanted to put your name down for one?

    Thanks sweetheart

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know this brand's eyeshadows were so pigmented!! pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig