Nails of the Day - Rrrrrrrrrrrrroaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrr!

I know I'm posting a nail post right after a nail post, but it's been a busy weekend and not really had time for much else. Last night I was so shattered I put the TV on, laid in bed and painted my nails.


It might look quite complicated but it really wasn't! First I painted my nails with my Nailtec basecoat, then with Barry M's Mushroom. Once that was semi-dry I used a lighter colour (in this case, Essie's Cute As A Button) to do random sized and placed dots over my nails, then painted one coat of Poshe topcoat.

I then used a fab new inexpensive tool I have which I got from ebay (see here) which has a tiny nib like a pen which you can use to do really precise lines with. I have a pair of pumps with leopard print insides, so using them as a guide, drew the black bits. Really it's lots of 'C' shapes around the dots, and curving parallel lines as well as random dots and lines. One more coat of topcoat and it's done!

The good thing is, if you get a chip you can just turn it into a dot, like I've done! This is the first time I've experimented with nail art and I probably will again now!
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Aw that looks so cute, I love it.
    How does it feel having nails like that? Do you feel self consious?

    That's really clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMAZING!!! I'm going to try this! =) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!

    Sweetcheeks - I think because its quite muted colours it's not too bad. You should wait and see the other nail ideas I'm going to try out, they're a little less subtle! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it
    Great colour and design

    ReplyDelete

Blog Design Created by pipdig